Enjoy our hotel in the midst of 14th Street magic
Once upon a time, jazz greats like Duke Ellington filled venues on and along 14th Street NW with their sweet, sultry sounds. The area has been through many iterations since then. In recent decades, however, 14th Street Northwest has seen great change, evolving into a spruced-up, hipper, more populated version of its former self. Most Washingtonians agree that this corridor is now the place to be, and making reservations can be necessary on bustling weekend nights. Visitors and residents soak in the rich history and stunning architecture as they explore the latest buzz-worthy bars, boutiques, theaters, and eateries.
Some nearby hot spots include:
- Peregrine Espresso: Get caffeinated in this locally-owned cafe where coffee is an art — and a serious affair.
- Ted’s Bulletin: Whether you pop in for breakfast, lunch, or supper, enjoy a friendly, neighborhood vibe and delicious comfort food—topped off with a homemade “Ted’s Tart” or boozy milkshake.
- Doi Moi: Savor modern Vietnamese fare in a hip space with bursts of color; afterward, enjoy a carefully-crafted cocktail at downstairs speakeasy 2 Birds 1 Stone.
- Studio Theater: Catch contemporary, thought-provoking plays in this four-theater complex.
- Birch & Barely: Sate your appetite and thirst at this upscale, beer-centric spot that boasts seasonal cuisine by Chef Kyle Bailey and beer pairings by Greg Engert (with 555 brews on offer).
- Le Diplomate: Get transported to the “City of Light” at this high-energy gem — part brasserie, part café, part bistro — where French fare delights.
- Estadio: Indulge in the vibrant, contemporary flavors of Spain in this warm space adorned with Spanish marble and 19th-century tiles.